WatchCharts Forum

Getting to Know and Trust your Watch Seller

Originally published at: https://watchcharts.com/wp/2020/05/19/getting-to-know-and-trust-watch-sellers/

There is a rule when buying watches on the secondary market. You’re not just buying the watch, but you are also buying the seller. What this means is, you need to know who the seller is. If the seller is trusted in the watch world, it lowers the chances of you losing money. You might have heard…

2 Likes

Great write up Honza! I know you talked about asking a seller about the condition of the watch such as timekeeping accuracy, scratches on the crystal, etc. Do you have any other go-to questions to ask every seller when you connect with them? I’d be curious to know since it seems like you are a very experienced private trader.

For me the most important thing is to know that the person will do what is right when buying a watch from them. Sometimes, it’s hard to really know unless something goes wrong. Not every sellers is nice when something is not as advertised…

1 Like

First post I’ve read and it’s exactly what I was hoping for.

1 Like

Great to hear that it was helpfull

I have made many internet friends from buying and selling/trading watches online. for me its a great way to make connections to other people who share my obsession. Granted not all transactions result in a friendship, but enough of them do that makes it worth while.

1 Like