WatchCharts Forum

Meet Rolex Submariner’s “identical” twin.

The Rolex Submariner 116610LN features a unidirectional rotatable bezel with Cerachrom insert and Oyster bracelet. The watch features a 40mm diameter, ebony black dial, 18 carat gold and Chromalight hour markers and hands, and an in-house calibre 3135 mechanical movements which has undergone various precision tests. Is it really that easy to replicate?

Steinhart created the homage of the 116610LN with a black dial and stylistically practically everything is the same as the Submariner. However, it has a diameter of 39mm, 1mm smaller than the Submariner.

So in short, the Steinhart Ocean One 39 captured the visual elements of the Rolex Submariner and replaced Rolex’s logo with its own, but did not manage to properly replicate the technicalities of its reference. Do you think the Submariner’s doppelgänger is worth 1/30th of the price?

View on Instagram

1 Like

I think Steinhart makes a great alternative to the Sub. Aside from the Dial being a very close copy, the case and bracelet have enough of a design difference to stand on their own, and not be called a rip off copy. I am on my second Steinhart, although I prefer the OVM models, as this one is a bit too close in look to the modern Sub. But if thats the look you want, and cant afford a Sub, this is a super high quality diver with a great look. 300M with an ETA 2824-2 Elabore grade for under 500 is pretty solid.

2 Likes