WatchCharts Forum

The Top 6 Watches to Wear During the Apocalypse

Originally published at: https://watchcharts.com/wp/2020/04/07/the-top-6-watches-to-wear-during-the-apocalypse/

Okay, so the Coronavirus pandemic is not the apocalypse, but it is pretty scary (and not only because we can’t buy toilet paper)! I’m not sure about you, but it has gotten my mind racing. My thoughts have turned to what I would do if it continued to get much worse. The first, and most…

1 Like

I would go with the Omega Ploprof. I like Omega watches in general, they’re a solid watch that lasts. While the water resistance is great, I can’t swim so if I have to attempt it in order to survive, I’ll of course try my best but I can’t see it going too well. I do love the escapement and the longer time between services. Wonder if my jeweler will be open to service it? lol. I do like the black dial but I saw one with a green bezel, I like green better than black and the green is dark so it won’t attract attention either. I love the look of the mesh bracelet it really complements the rest of the watch without trying to be the star of the piece. If the bracelet IS the star of the piece, you may want to pick up a new piece. The overall look is wicked cool. It looks like it was built to survive anything it was worn in without a doubt.
Thanks for the great and fun post,
Ken

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Ken! I’m glad you liked the article.

I’ve never seen a green Ploprof before, but i love that watch, I’ll have to check it out!

1 Like

As much as I love watches 2 through 6, if im being practical, (and my crazy brain has run through this what watch i would want if i became stranded on a deserted island lol) and as much as i love mechanical tool/Dive watches, I would have to go for a solar and multiband6 G-Shock. It will last longer, be more accurate, and have more functions, (ABC sensors, stop watch, timers, calendar, time zones etc.)

1 Like

I’m curious though, if the transmission stations were to go down, would the watch still be able to function?

It would still function as designed, with the only exception being that it wouldnt receive its nightly time sync from the transmission stations. it would still be accurate, just not to the second sync’d with atomic time every night.

Makes sense. In that case I’d definitely have to pick the G-Shock as well!

1 Like

dont get me wrong, id be dying to pick a cool, tough mechanical dive watch… but within a few weeks id no longer trust the time to be accurate lol.

Good point, that’s why I gave the G-Shock the #1 spot! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like